Project Reach Your World
A project to assist and motivate the local church in fulfilling the Great Commission – reaching your world for Christ.
What is it?
The Saskatchewan Conference Harvest Saskatchewan Team is making funds available to local churches to assist in the running and resourcing of evangelistic programs and events.
We recognize that, especially in some of our smaller churches, finances are sometimes a limiting factor when running evangelistic programs and planning for events that reach into the community. Many churches would love to do more to reach out to those who don’t know Christ, but limited budgets can only be stretched so far.
By making funds available we hope to encourage you, the local church, as you dream, plan and pray about how God wants to use you to reach out and touch others with His message of love, hope and grace.
Criteria for funding approval
- Funds must be used for programs, ministries and events that have as their specific purpose the evangelization of your church’s community. Evangelization is understood as “the making of disciples”, and therefore will apply not only to events, programs and resources designed to win people to Christ, but also to follow-up ministries and the discipling of new believers.
- Funding is for new initiatives only, not for existing ministries.
- Funds may be used for training and resourcing individuals within the church, so long as the training and resourcing pertains directly to the event being funded.
- It is understood that while some of our smaller churches will apply for and receive full funding, other larger churches may be expected to cover a percentage of the cost themselves.
- Funding to any church will be limited to a maximum of $2,500 over a two year period.
We encourage you to creatively dream and plan. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- put on a pancake breakfast at a local fair
- a drama or dinner theatre
- run a DVBS program
- begin an Alpha program
- bring in a band and rent a hall for an outreach concert
- bring in a high profile guest speaker
- purchase some training resources for personal evangelism
- plan a men’s or women’s retreat
- start a “Seekers Bible Study”
- bring in a children’s ministry group
Remember, programs do not reach people . . . people reach people. Use your programs and events as opportunities to connect with others.
How to apply
You may apply for funding assistance by sending us the following information:
- Church name.
- Contact person.
- Position contact person holds in the church.
- Phone numbers, address, email address.
- Give a brief description of the event or program you are planning, including dates.
- What are your goals for this event?
- What is the total budget for this event, including follow-up?
- Will the church be covering part of the cost? If yes, how much?
- What plans are in place for follow-up?
- What is the total amount of funding applied for?
- Has this event been approved by the church leadership?
- Name of person responsible for reporting.
- Name of the pastor who has read the proposal and given approval.
- Although we would love to be in a position to help finance every project that is applied for, funds are limited. We encourage you to apply early in the year.
- The Harvest Saskatchewan Team will process your application at its earliest opportunity. Please allow up to two months for a response. If you need an immediate response, we will do what we can to speed the process.