2012 Saskatchewan MB Convention
The 66th Convention of the Saskatchewan Conference of MB Churches will be held March 9–10 at Waldheim MB Church in Waldheim.
Dear church leader,
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! The 66th Convention of the Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches will be held on March 9 and 10, 2012 at Waldheim MB Church in Waldheim, SK. Let us come with healthy hearts beating with an inward look as we gather for what we expect will be an exciting Convention.
To help the Convention Committee get ready for this event, we need your prompt assistance in a number of ways.
- Delegates – If you haven’t already done so, please arrange for the selection of your church delegates to the Convention as soon as possible. Each church is allowed 1 delegate per 25 members or portion thereof, a pastor, plus any member(s) from your congregation who sit on the SK Conference Council of Boards. Additional pastors may attend as delegates of your congregation.
- Registration – To help speed up the registration process for you and the Convention Committee, please carefully follow the directions given on the enclosed registration form, fill out all relevant information and return the form to Waldheim MB Church no later than March 1, 2012. Registration cheques need to be made out to the Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. Make certain that all delegates and guests are registered so our hosts can make appropriate preparations.
- Delegate and Guest Registration Fee – $25/person. This fee covers lunch and refreshment breaks, and helps defray a portion of the printing and other incidental costs. Registration fees may be paid upon arrival, although earlier payment does help speed the registration process at the Convention.
- Child Care – Indicate the needs that you may have so necessary arrangements can be made. Child-care service will be provided for all sessions. The cost will be $10 per child.
- Billeting – Unless you indicate a billeting need, the Convention Committee will presume that you’ve made other arrangements. For this reason, it is important for you to clearly indicate on the registration form that you would like to be billeted. A list of hotels is attached along with their rates. Please note that the 2012 Tim Hortons Brier is being held in Saskatoon this same weekend so rooms will very quickly be in short supply!
- Handbooks – Delegate handbooks will be sent to you later in February. Please distribute these to your delegates, pastoral staff and to those who sit on the SK Conference Council of Boards. Please ask everyone to carefully read the reports prior to the Convention as the agenda has been planned with the presumption that the delegate handbooks will have been read. Also, please remind delegates to bring their handbooks along to the Convention.
Your partner in ministry,
Agenda: ‘Healthy Heartbeat – an Inward Look’’
|Friday, March 9|
|6:00 pm||Delegate registration|
|7:00 pm||Moderator’s and host church’s welcome|
Introduction of guests
|7:15 pm||Praise and worship: Waldheim MB Church|
|7:35 pm||An Inward Look
|Saturday, March 10|
|8:30 am||Praise and worship: Waldheim MB Church|
|8:45 am||Directors reports
|9:45 am||Board reports
|10:45 am||Stretch break|
|11:00 am||Board reports cont.
|12:00 pm||Lunch break, networking and browsing the display areas|
|1:15 pm||Bethany College
|2:00 pm||Bible camp reports
|2:30 pm||Mennonite Central Committee – Saskatchewan|
|2:45 pm||Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|
|3:00 pm||Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary – Canada|
|3:15 pm||MB Mission|
|3:30 pm||Closing comments and adjournment|
- You are encouraged to visit the display areas.
- All outgoing and incoming SK Conference board members will meet briefly to discuss a date for organizing the new boards. The chairperson for each board of the previous term will chair the board until the transition has taken place.
- Cover page
- Mission, objective and theme
- Agenda for the 66th Convention
- Executive report
- Board of Faith and Life report
- Harvest Saskatchewan Team report
- Board of Management report and recommendations
- Auditor’s report
- Financial statements
- Proposed budget
- Church donations report
- Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary report
- MB Mission report
- MCC Saskatchewan report
- Canadian Mennonite University report
- Mennonite Trust report
- Redberry Bible Camp report
- Family Life Network report
- 65th Annual Convention minutes